Striking up a conversation by walking up to someone is magical! Remember when we used to do that IRL?
But sometimes you need privacy - a business meeting, a 1-on-1, or any situation where randos walking in would derail the conversation. Private meetings can give you what you need.
Note: 💡 When in a private meeting you will have a blue circle beneath your feet and others cannot walk up and immediately join. They must ask to join.
There are four different ways to start a private meeting. All are available to you and you can use any of them at any time.
#1. Click on an avatar and invite them to a private meeting
- Click on an avatar to open the avatar menu
- Select 'Invite To Meeting'
#2. Convert a current video conference into a private meeting
Already in a meeting that you want to make private?
- Click the Lock icon in the bottom meeting menu
- Select 'Convert To a Private Meeting'
#3. Invite many people to a private meeting
Send out private meeting invites to select individuals by 'Creating a New Private Meeting'
- Click the group meeting icon in the bottom left menu
- Select 'Create a New Private Meeting'
- Select all those who you'd like to join the meeting
🐱👤 Why use a private meeting?
Sometimes you need privacy for conversations and we've seen all kinds of ways people leverage these:
- Speed networking or mentoring
- Confidential meetings: 1-on-1s, client meetings etc.
- Party planning committees
- Lunch breaks!
Still need help?
Chat with us live by clicking this icon on the bottom right of this page!