Sometimes you need privacy - a business meeting, a 1-on-1, or any situation where randos walking in would derail the conversation. Private meetings can give you what you need.
Note: 💡 When in a private meeting you will have a blue circle beneath your feet and others cannot walk up and immediately join. They must ask to join.
There are four different ways to start a private meeting. All are available to you and you can use any of them at any time.
#1. Click on an avatar and invite them to a private meeting
- Click on an avatar to open the avatar menu
- Select Invite To Meeting
#2. Convert a current video conference into a private meeting
Already in a meeting that you want to make private?
- Click the Lock icon in the bottom meeting menu
- Select Convert To Private Meeting
#3. Invite many people to a private meeting
Send out private meeting invites to certain individuals by clicking on your own avatar and selecting Start a Meeting.
- From here, a menu will open up where you'll be able to select anyone who's in the room.
- Select all those who you'd like to join the meeting, and click Send Invitations.
Your meeting invitees will see this screen, and can accept or decline the invite.
*Note: Did you know you're able to customize what shows up under your video tile? You're now able to pin and unpin items that you'd like easier access to by clicking on the '...' More Tools menu.
🐱👤 Why use a private meeting?
Sometimes you need privacy for conversations and we've seen all kinds of ways people leverage these:
- Speed networking or mentoring
- Confidential meetings: 1-on-1s, client meetings etc.
- Party planning committees
- Lunch breaks!
Still need help?
Chat with us live by clicking this icon on the bottom right of this page!