What's a Visitor Pass?
✨Also known as a 'guest pass' or 'guest access' ✨
A short-term, feature-restricted pass that lets visitors come to your office for free.
Who is it intended for?
Temporary visitors to the office that aren't teammates.
This could be:
- a client/customer
- board meeting
- An intern who only comes in 1x/week
How do they work?
- A Visitor Pass is valid for 2 hours.
- Each office has a monthly quota of free Visitor Passes.
- More Visitor Passes can be purchased for $1/pass.
- When a visitor is granted access to the office via a Visitor Pass, they will have 2 hours of access. After 2 hours, they will be removed from the space unless the Admin issues a new Visitor Pass before the time limit.
- After being removed from the space, they can request a new Visitor Pass. An Admin will need to decide whether or not to grant one.
- When the free Visitor Pass quota is depleted, an Admin will need to purchase more to grant additional visitors into the space.
- Additional Visitor Passes can be purchased for $1/Visitor Pass. Any number of Passes can be purchased.
How Many Free Visitor Passes Do I Get?
Every office on a paid plan will receive a monthly quota of free Visitor Passes. The number is based on a) plan type and b) number of paid members.
Premium plan offices: 3 Visitor Passes/paid member/month
Example: a Premium office of 10 people will have 30 free Visitor Passes to use each month. Each visitor pass gives a guest 2 hour access to the office.
Basic plan offices: 2 Visitor Passes/paid member/month
Example: a Basic office of 10 people will have 20 free Visitor Passes to use each month. Each visitor pass gives a guest 2 hour access to the office.
How Do I Give Someone a Visitor Pass?
✨ You can...
1. Give them the URL to your space
With this method, the guest will enter a lobby area and will be required to "knock" to gain access.
From here, a member of the space (teammate or admin), will be notified and able to let them in via granting them a Visitor Pass.
2. Generate a link
Head to the 'Profile & Account' area of the lower left toolbar and select the 'Settings' wheel.
Then head to 'Team Settings', and then to 'Invite Members'
Here, you'll be able to invite your guest via email or link. Remember to select 'Guest' in the dropdown menu.
You can then select 'Send Invitation' if sending the day-pass guest access via email, or 'Generate Link' if you want to copy/paste your link and send it via another method (like via Slack).
If a link has not expired, the visitor will be granted access to your office without waiting in the lobby. They will use one of your Visitor Passes. If you do not have any Visitor Passes in your free quota or paid pool, they will wait in the lobby until you purchase a Visitor Pass.
What Can Visitors/Guests Do?
✨ Guests can't:
- Use Mapmaker - add, change, delete items
- Access Team Settings - member management/billing
- Access Strong Connections - they won't be a part of space analytics
- View the Activity Feed to see notable events - located on the loading page
- Use the Broadcast feature
- Access Sophia Bot or Meeting Summaries
💡 Note: These restrictions are in place as your guest isn't a member of the office (teammate or admin).
✨ Guests can:
- Participate in meetings and broadcasts
- Interact with embedded objects
Still need help?
Chat with us live by clicking the icon on the bottom right of this page!